Candlelight Oaks Civic Club, Inc
Minutes of Board of Directors Meeting
January 14, 2021
2021 BOARD MEMBERS:
Sandy Ericksen President
Lori Bulla Vice-President & Pool Committee Chair
Dan Gonzalez Treasurer
Charlie Bowman Volunteer Assistant Treasurer
Marilyn Harper Secretary & Acorn Editor
Hope Edmondson Security Committee Chair
A.D. Koen Outgoing Security
Polina Blossman Deed Restrictions Chair & Website
Dan Sherer Landscaping Chair
-Open- Social Committee Chair
Johanna Wolfe Long Range Planning & Government Outreach
Present: Sandy Ericksen, Marilyn Harper, Lori Bulla, Dan Gonzalez, Johanna Wolfe, Hope Edmondson, Dan Sherer, Polina Blossman. Absent: A.D. Koen. Guest: Resident Alan Smith. NOTE: Due to the ongoing COVID-19 lockdown and social distancing, this meeting was hosted by Sandy using ZOOM.
Sandy opened the meeting at 7:25 pm.
Treasury: Dan G had emailed the Treasury report through the end of December to Sandy, Charlie, and Marilyn before this meeting. As he was on the call for the meeting, he ran through the main points.
Year To Date:
· Revenues were favorable to budget by $12,430 (*This is due to residents paying their annual assessments as part of the 2021 assessments, part of which are budgeted in November and December of 2020 when they are received.)
· Expenses were unfavorable to budget by $4,457 due partially to Security expenses being over budget by $4,101 (*Lori said this was due to both the November and December payments to Homeland being made in December.)
· Total Income was favorable to budget by $7,968
Year To Date 2020
· Revenues are favorable to budget by $10,405
· Total Expenses were neutral to budget as actual expenses were $15 over budget
· Total Income is favorable to budget by $10,372
· $13,906 in total unpaid assessments from 2020 and previous years.
· $90,690 in 2021 assessments that are in the current period. Most of these should be
paid by the end of January.
Pool: Lori reported that the new pump that was authorized has been purchased and will be installed in February.
Security: Hope reported that she has met with Homeland Security at their office across the 290 freeway from Target. She has talked to Don Wasson of the Candlelight Oaks Village board about whether they would be interested in having HPS provide security for their HOA, and Don was going to bring that up at the COV board meeting last night, the same night as our meeting. Hope wants to work on the Vacation Watch program, so Marilyn said she will send Hope the form we have from HPS.
Landscaping: Dan Sherer reported that he has not found any new company that was interested in the contract for COCC, so he is going to stick with the current company that was hired by Darin Lee.
Deed Restrictions: Polina expressed interest in getting DR going again, if a way to have 3 board members collaborate on it during Covid lockdown can be developed. She wants to incorporate letting residents know when their home looks especially nice into the program, and not just be sending complaint letters. There was also discussion about restarting the Beautiful Yard sign program this Spring.
Social: No news. Covid lockdowns may preclude any social events this Spring.
Planning & Outreach: Johanna said she will continue to work in this area, but had nothing to report yet.
The board voted to continue with the same officers and committee chairs, with the 3 new board members agreeing to take, and then confirmed by unanimous votes for Hope to Security, Polina to Deed Restrictions, and Dan Sherer to Landscaping. Marilyn said she will continue to do a bimonthly Acorn newsletter during 2021.
Sandy adjourned the meeting at 8:36.