Candlelight Oaks has a beautiful community pool that is well-maintained, private, and quiet. Large and up to 9′ deep, the pool is great for kids or lap swimmers alike. The pool area features a shallow kid’s pool, restrooms, an outdoor shower, a covered pavilion, a BBQ grill, lounge chairs, and a large lawn area for games.
All households in Candlelight Oaks as well as Candlelight Oaks Village are eligible to receive a membership to the pool for an annual fee.
- Each address in Candlelight Oaks is eligible for a pool membership, provided that all association fees are current.
- An annual gate card activation fee of $125 will apply to Candlelight Oaks residents who choose to participate in pool membership.
- Cost for Candlelight Oaks Village residents is $175
- All adults 18 years of age or older must sign the application to agree to the waiver, indemnification, and proper pool behavior.
- If you had a membership in the previous year, your existing access card will be reauthorized for this year.
- Cost to replace a lost card is $25.
- You must bring your access card with you on every visit in order to be allowed access to the pool.
In order to gain entry to the pool please download, print, and fill out the form below and drop it off or mail to 5616 Oakhaven Ln, Houston, TX 77091 together with the check for annual fee payable to Candlelight Oaks Civic Club, Inc.
Annual fee can also be paid via Zelle to [email protected].
The pool rules are essential to ensure the health, safety, and comfort of all participants. This is particularly important because there is NO LIFEGUARD ON DUTY. Participants observed and/or reported as not abiding by these rules may be asked to leave the facility and may also be subject to suspension or termination of facility privileges. Pool membership cost is not refundable or pro-rated for any reason.
The pool should not be utilized if the following events occur:
- If water visibility and/or quality is compromised. At all times the bottom of the pool must be
- visible and the water must be clear.
- Operational and mechanical difficulties affecting pool water quality, especially when water
- visibility is compromised.
- During severe weather conditions (heavy rain, lightning, and thunder) and warnings, especially
- when visibility to the pool bottom is compromised (deck should also be avoided)
- For 30 minutes following the last occurrence of thunder or lightning (deck should also be avoided).
- For a period of time following any mishap that results in feces or vomit in the pool water.
- All swimmers MUST shower before entering the pool.
- Proper swim wear is required, which does not include cutoffs or thongs.
- NO PETS are allowed inside the pool enclosure at any time.
- NO GLASS is permitted anywhere in the pool or on the pool deck.
- Food is NOT allowed in the pool area except in designated eating areas. Drinks in non-glass
- containers are permitted.
- Music is acceptable at a reasonable volume.
- Inappropriate behavior such as running, pushing, wrestling, excessive splashing, standing or
- sitting on shoulders, or spitting of water is NOT allowed and may result in expulsion from the pool
- No Profanity.
- Children, ages five and older, MUST use their gender appropriate changing room.
- Obey posted pool hours.
- Do not prop open the gate or take any other action which would allow improper access to the Swimming Pool by any person.
- A parent or guardian 18 years of age or above MUST BE PERSONALLY PRESENT AT ALL TIMES when a family member or their guest UNDER THE AGE OF 16 YEARS is using or occupying the Swimming Pool.
Health & Safety
- DIVING IS NOT PERMITTED, except in designated areas. NO DIVING from any furniture is permitted.
- All children using inflatable armbands (i.e., water wings) or any approved Coast Guard flotation device MUST be supervised one-on-one by an adult who is in the water and within arm’s length of the child.
- Swim aides, floatable objects, and pool toys are allowed.
- Emergency Equipment is NOT a Toy. The emergency flotation devices and any other pool equipment hung up on the pump-house fence is not be handled by anyone as if it were a toy.
- All children who are not toilet trained MUST wear approved swimmers’ diapers while in the pool.
- NO cuts, open sores, bandages or infectious diseases.
- NO group activities (e.g., parties, day camps, private lessons, swim teams, etc) allowed without prior approval from the Board of Directors of Candlelight Oaks. The Pavilion area including the deck and grill can be reserved for a rental fee. Organized groups must provide at least one adult chaperone per eight swimmers under age 16.